It is part of the requirement of my Digital Media art class that I make an installation piece and create a blog about it. So today I procrastinated from other homework by doing this homework, which will not be due for a while. I’ll be posting pictures mostly. For part of the process I did a little research, trying to figure out where I can get refrigerator boxes and what the specific pieces from Clue were. 

The initial idea behind these were all different; the first two of the cardboard box and the clue-crime scene play on the idea of brining your childhood memories with you into college and how people will intereact with these nostalgic environments as a totally different person compared to their childhood self. The rainbow, however, more plays on materialistic happiness as represented in a manufactured rainbow, a universal symbol of happiness and generally good things. It's upside down for the same reason. Turn a smile upside down and it becomes a frown. All about symbolism.

0 comments: